1/2 of 17.3 oz. package frozen puff pastry, thawed
Spinach cheese filling:
1 T water
1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
1/4 cup parmesan
1 green onion chopped
1/8 tsp garlic powder
` 1 package (10oz) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
1. Stir egg and water in a small bowl.
2. Unfold pastry and brush with the egg mixture
3. Top with mixture of cheeses, green onion and garlic powder, then spinach
4. Starting at short side closest to you roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into ½ inch slices
5. Lay slices on a greased baking sheet and brush with rest of egg mixture
6. Bake at 400 degrees 15 minutes.
Other filling suggestions:
- Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese
- Pesto and parmesan
- Sun-dried tomato pesto and parmesan
Puff Pastry Swirls
1/2 lb. smoked salmon
1/8 cup finely chopped chive
1/8 cup finely chopped shallots
Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop salmon into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces
2. Add chives and shallots
3. Moisten with EVOO
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Serve on crostini with a dab of crème fraiche and chive tips.
Smoked Salmon on Crostini
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 Tablespoons milk
4 oz. goat cheese
2 T finely chopped chives
1. Whip cream
2. Process goat cheese with milk
3. Fold in whipped cream and chives
4. Season with salt if needed
5. Serve on crackers
Goat Cheese Mousse
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
Generous pinch of salt
For decorating: Almonds, chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix with fork or pastry blender until crumbly and mostly combined.
4. Use hands to further work into dough consistency
5. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll out dough with rolling pin on lightly floured surface Cut out cookies using a 2-inch circular cutter. Place cookies onto baking sheets. Reserve the dough trimmings for step 3.
7. Press the 2-inch cutter into each cookie on the left and right side to create the wings.
8. Using the remaining dough, shape small balls and place two on each cookie for the eyes. Top each eyeball with a chocolate chip.
9. Press an almond along its edge into the center of each cookie to form the beak. Using a fork, lightly press in along the bottom edge of each cookie to form the tail feathers.
10. Before baking, chill the cookies on the cookie sheets either in the refrigerator (30+ min) or freezer (15 min). This will help preserve the shape when baking.
11. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until cookies begin to lightly color.